- ET&S publishes articles that report on original research that bridges the pedagogy and practice in advanced technology for evidence-based and meaningfully educational application.
- Articles are up to 8,000 words, inclusive of a 250-word abstract, 4 to 5 keywords, references, appendices, figure captions, table titles, author information, and acknowledgement. Endnotes are not accepted.
- The article should be original, unpublished, and should not be in consideration for publication elsewhere at the time of submission to ET&S and during the review process.
- Please make sure that you use the ET&S template along with the add-ins tool here for preparing your manuscript. Please remove the names and affiliations portion for the review process and only add them back into the manuscript after your manuscript is accepted for publication.
- The submitted manuscript should include sufficient references from eLearning-related journals, such as ET&S.
- Authors are responsible for making sure that the manuscript does not have any language-related problems. The editors strongly recommend the authors have their manuscripts proofread by someone familiar with English academic prose and APA guidelines. Both American and British English spelling conventions are acceptable so long as the usage is consistent.
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all references and citations, especially the URLs cited within articles or in the references section.
- Color figures will appear on the website, but for printed copies of the journal it will be in black and white.
- All submissions must be uploaded through our online management system (https://www.j-ets.net). Do note that all manuscripts must comply with requirements stated in the Authors Guidelines.
- The author will be asked to first register and log in to use the ET&S online system. Please contact the Managing Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) if any problems are encountered.
- All submissions should be in electronic form. Authors will receive an email acknowledgement of their submission.
- All submissions should be in Microsoft Word, and not in any other word-processing or desktop-publishing formats.
- Initial submissions should be appropriately anonymized. Please ensure that all references to the authors’ publications have been replaced by Author (year) in the body of the text and that the complete entry is removed from the references section. Any other features that could identify the authors (e.g. the names of institutions and the sponsor information) should be removed.
- Please provide the following details with each submission in a separate file titled “Title Page:”
o Name(s) and title(s) of the Author(s)
o Name of the corresponding author
o Job title(s)
o Full contact details of ALL authors including email address, postal address, telephone and fax numbers
- All Tables and Figures, as well as Appendices, should be included in the text at appropriate places (not at the end of the manuscript). In addition, authors must supply separate figures in one of the following formats, JPEG (JPG) and PNG. In case the file(s) cannot be opened, editors will contact the corresponding author by email.
- All submissions should conform to the requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition). If the format is unsatisfactory, the submission will be directly sent back to the authors before the review process.
- It is the responsibility of authors to provide the written permission for the reproduction of any graphics or screenshots included in the paper.
As the online submission is still under testing, authors may submit their manuscript and the “Title Page” to email@example.com.
- Is the topic within the scope of advanced technology for evidence-based and meaningfully educational application?
- Title page (a separate file)
- Body of Manuscript:
o Using the ET&S template
o Length (8000-word limit)
o Abstract (250-word limit)
o 4-5 Keywords
o Figures (high quality, JPEG(JPG )and PNG)
o Well Proofread/edited (English academic prose and the APA format)
o Sufficient up-to-date literature/references, some of which are relevant to TELL
§ Accurate referred literature
§ Correct APA format
§ Appropriate URL link(s)
All submissions go through a two-step review process:
- Internal Review: The editors first review each manuscript to see if it meets the aims and scope of ET&S and that it is of sufficient quality to merit external review, in terms of:
o Relevance: a clear of the bridging/relationship between the advanced technology and evidence-based and meaningfully educational application
o Originality: something new to the field or some new methods to solve existing problems with elaboration on how technology can be used to overcome the existing problems in the frontline of local education with findings that can be applied to the global spectrum. However, papers with only descriptions of the results obtained from one hit-and-run and short-term study or those with the results obtained from self-report surveys without systematic or empirical data or any analysis on learning outcomes or processes are not favorable
o Bibliography: a solid review of up-to-date literature relevant to eLearning
o Method: reasonable research design and rigorous data collection and analysis
o Language: clear and precise academic writing
o Consistency: consistency throughout the paper from the title to the conclusion
o Form: following the APA format and well structure and style appropriate to an academic international publication
- External Review: Submissions that meet the aims and scope of ET&S are then sent out for double-blind peer review by at least two international reviewers with expertise in the field. The external review takes approximately 2-3 months. Following the external review, the authors will be sent copies of the external reviewers’ comments and will be notified about the decision (accept as is, minor revision, major revision, or reject)
There is no charge for publishing in the ET&S journal.
Open Access Statement
Journal of Educational Technology & Society (ET&S) publishes fully open access academic articles. Articles are freely available to all interested readers immediately upon publication. There are no publication or processing charges for authors, nor subscription or access fees for readers to access articles for their scholarly use.
Papers should be submitted to the ET&S online submission system at https://www.j-ets.net
Any questions related to the submission process, please contact us at email of managing editor via firstname.lastname@example.org
Other queries should be sent to the journal editor, email@example.com via email
Copyright on any open access article in a journal published by Educational Technology & Society (ET&S) is retained by the author(s). Authors grant Educational Technology & Society (ET&S) a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified. The Creative Commons Attribution License CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles. Questions related to republish, to post on servers, or to redistribute, please send a request to the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org